A set of furniture for the office is used to design the appropriate room, comfortable and productive work, orderly storage of documents, equipment, stationery, other items, as well as clothing. Office furniture is most often cabinet. Built-in models are less common as they cannot be transported elsewhere.
- Head office
Workplace/zone – a set of furniture designed to equip the space where employees work. Such a set usually includes writing / computer and side tables, office chairs / chairs, cabinets, cabinets and shelving.
Head office – a set of furniture that is used to decorate the premises where the director, heads of departments and other high-ranking officials work. The furniture is made of better and more expensive materials (natural wood), equipped with high-quality fittings.
In addition to a writing/computer desk, armchair, wardrobe, a furniture set for a manager may include a sofa, a conference table, a cabinet-frigobar (refrigerator and bar), and a coffee table.
The conference hall is equipped with conference and side tables, conference chairs, a relaxation area – sofas, armchairs and coffee tables. The reception area is equipped with a reception desk and furniture that is used to equip the recreation area.
Ready kit – consists of furniture made in the same design and designed for rooms of different sizes. The items included in this set cannot be purchased individually.
Modular (typesetting) – consists of modules (objects) that can be used in various ways: as separate elements or in combination with each other. This allows you to rationally use the office space and, if necessary, change its interior. A characteristic feature of the type-setting headset is the possibility of purchasing any module separately.
Basic pieces of furniture
Table – the size and shape are determined by the dimensions of the office and the number of employees. Quite often, tables are used that can accommodate several people at once.
Chair – must support the worker’s spine in the correct position and not cause fatigue. For employees, simple chairs upholstered in leatherette are suitable, and chairs with leather upholstery and many different adjustments are purchased for the head.
Closet – is selected depending on the features of the office: open shelving is often used to save free space, but for accounting or personnel department it is better to choose closed models with glass inserts or drawers. In the offices of the head, there can be both classic cabinets decorated with various decors and shelving groups.
Mound – used for storing documents and things of employees, placing office equipment, stationery, TVs and other interior items. You can choose from fixed, mobile (withdrawable) or side/underbench models.
chipboard and MDF – combine affordable price and acceptable quality. At the same time, chipboard furniture will cost less, but it is more toxic and less durable than a similar MDF product.
Office furniture items made of chipboard and MDF have a special coating that increases resistance to moisture and mechanical damage.
There are three types of such coatings:
- laminate – it imitates the color of natural wood well, but is not sufficiently resistant to temperature changes and mechanical stress;
- melamine – well resists temperature changes and mechanical stress, but it is difficult to give such a coating the color of a wood massif;
- veneer – provides a complete imitation of natural wood, but is difficult to care for and needs careful handling. Furniture made of chipboard and MDF, veneered looks respectable.
Important: you should pay attention to the environmental class of the product (E1; E2 ..), which is indicated in the certificate of conformity. The smaller the number in the marking, the safer the cabinet, table, etc. For the office, E1 class furniture is usually purchased.
The thickness of the chipboard and MDF board must be at least 18 mm. Make sure the edges of the slab are finished with PVC tape.
Tree – eco-friendly, durable, beautiful, but expensive material. The price of the headset depends on the type of wood. Office furniture made of wood looks more massive than analogues made of chipboard and MDF. Wooden sets are commonly used to decorate executive offices.
ImportantA: Different types of wood have different degrees of hardness. The softest species are pine and spruce, followed by beech, oak, hornbeam, cherry, birch. The most durable are walnut, ash and Canadian maple. The complexity of processing depends on the degree of hardness, and hence the final price of furniture: cheap soft breeds are processed easily, hard ones are much more difficult.
Classical – a set of furniture made in various “historical” styles (classic, baroque, modern), giving the interior a solid look. The furniture is characterized by curvilinear outlines and an abundance of decor. The set is made of natural materials – precious woods, which is reflected in its price. In the classical style, the manager’s office is usually designed.
Modern – a practical option that creates a functional space (hi-tech, minimalism). The furniture is devoid of decor, has straight contours and often symmetrical forms (hi-tech). The use of glass, plastic, metal makes such kits cheaper. This option is well suited for decorating office interiors for employees.
The color of the furniture set should form a business atmosphere and be in harmony with the tones of the office interior in order to harmoniously fit into the environment. Preference is given to discreet colors – black, white, gray or pastel colors.
- black/brown is a respectable color that creates a working atmosphere. These colors mask dirt and minor defects well;
- white – conducive to dialogue and compromise, but such furniture is very easily soiled and requires frequent maintenance;
- gray is a cross between black and white. On gray furniture, dirt and minor defects are not as noticeable as on white.
Important: when choosing a color, you should stick to the “golden mean” – exclude too dark, too light and too bright tones. Some colors can have a depressing effect on the psyche of employees, while others can irritate their eyesight. And such extreme color schemes are unlikely to add solidity to the interior of the office.
- When choosing a set for an office, you should measure the parameters of the room and draw a plan, which will indicate the location of the furniture. At the same time, consider the number of employees, the number of office equipment and documentation, the distance to outlets, and the nuances of lighting.
- High-quality office furniture has an appropriate certificate and a hygienic conclusion.
- Office furniture should be roomy and at the same time save office space. Important requirements are wear resistance, ease of maintenance and durability.
- Make sure that there are no defects in the furniture (chips, deformations, scratches).
- Attention should be paid to the reliability of connections, retractable mechanisms, accessories.
- In a small office, not ready-made headsets will be appropriate, but individual items (modules).
- The shape of the furniture should have smooth outlines to avoid accidental injuries and create a favorable psychological climate in the office.
- It is desirable that office furniture is easy to assemble and disassemble – it will create fewer problems when moving.