There are different dishwashing detergents, when choosing which it is important to consider whether they meet the requirements or not. There are different options that differ in their properties, which should also be considered when buying. If desired, you can make a cleaning agent with your own hands.
Ingredients of dish detergent
Not all detergent manufacturers choose high-quality and safe components, so it is important to carefully study their composition. The main characteristics of dishwashing detergents will depend on it:
- The main components aimed at removing contaminants: surfactants, alkalis, enzymes, betaine, citric acid, and also salt of mineral or organic origin.
- To make the product viscous and thick, in most cases sodium chloride, DEA cocamide and various thickeners are included in the composition.
- Various compounds with antibacterial action are used to remove microbes.
- So that washing dishes does not affect the condition of the skin of the hands, manufacturers include glycerin, aloe vera gel and various extracts of medicinal plants in the composition.
- Dishwashing detergents have a good aroma, and all thanks to the presence of fragrances and various flavors.
- The color of detergent compositions is achieved through the use of different dyes and color fillers.
- The urea, benzothiazolyl and hydrotopes included in the composition make the process of splitting contaminants faster.
- To form a lot of soap foam, stabilizers are included in the composition.
- In order for detergents not to deteriorate for a long time, manufacturers use preservatives.
- Salts of peroxide and weak inorganic acids provide disinfectant and bleaching properties.
- It is better to refuse to buy if the composition contains components such as chlorine, phosphates and phthalates. A dangerous substance that poisons the liver is diethanolamine.
Detergents for dishes
In front of the counter in stores, your head can go round, so when choosing, you need to focus on several important points:
- You should not buy products called “universal” because they do not give good results.
- Dishwashing detergents should be pH neutral.
- Consider products in transparent packaging to make sure there is no sediment.
- Choose detergents with different additives that will protect the skin.
Liquid detergents for dishes
Popular are products whose consistency is not thicker than water. To clean a pair of pots and a set of dishes, 1 tbsp is enough. spoons, from which a lot of foam is formed. Liquid dish detergent is practical because it dissolves well even in cool water. When choosing, it is better to give preference to safe balms for sensitive skin, which have a neutral pH level.
Liquid dishwashing detergents also include gels, which have a thicker consistency. This group is more popular and is used by many housewives. Such cleaners dissolve easily and begin to act quickly, removing various contaminants and even fats. A bottle of gel lasts much longer than a regular liquid cleanser, because you can easily control the dosage and even one drop is enough to wash several dishes.
To remove contaminants, you can use abrasive substances – powders. They are suitable not only for washing dishes, but also for sinks. It should be noted that upon contact with the skin, abrasives are not absorbed and are easily washed off. When describing which good dish detergent to buy, it should be noted that the powders are crumbly and small particles can get into the microcracks of the dishes, making it difficult to remove. Many abrasives contain poisonous A-surfactants, and they can also scratch dishes.
Dishwashing detergents in powder form are a great option for removing tough stains that liquid and gel cleaners can’t handle. It is important when using them to take into account such nuances:
- It is not recommended to use abrasives for washing silver and fragile dishes, if there are no appropriate inscriptions on its packaging.
- Poorly tolerates the impact of powders stainless steel and ceramic utensils, as they scratch the surface.
Hypoallergenic dishwashing detergent
A very popular group of cleaning products, which contain substances of plant origin, decompose upon contact with water. Safe detergents for dishes do not affect the skin, do not provoke allergies and are well removed from the surface. In most cases, they are concentrated, so they are spent sparingly. Such detergents must have a special marking on the packaging, for example, “ECO-GARANTIE”.
Dishwashing liquid concentrate
Concentrates are called detergents that have a reinforced composition. Before using it, they must be diluted with water in order to eventually obtain a clear liquid that will have a normal cleaning effect. Most concentrated products are diluted in a 1:1 ratio, but there are other directions that are described on the packaging of a particular cleaner. The finished solution is poured into a separate container and used. A popular dishwashing detergent is Amway, which can remove serious grease stains and dried food.
Means for washing children’s dishes
A cleaner that is suitable for children’s dishes must be safe and comply with sanitary standards. It should not have strong odors, synthetic dyes and fragrances, so carefully check the composition. When choosing a detergent for children’s dishes, pay attention to such details:
- There should be a mark on the packaging that the product is suitable for children and it is better if it is environmentally friendly.
- Trust products that are suitable not only for dishes, but also for other baby food items, such as pacifiers.
- Another good detail is the indication on the packaging that the gel is suitable for washing vegetables and fruits.
- Open the container and smell the gel, which should not have strong odors. If the cleanser is good, it should be fragrance-free.
Disinfectant for dishes
Home disinfection is carried out if it is necessary to remove microbiological contaminants and harmful infections. If you are interested in what dish detergent can be used, then it is important to consider that it must have a powerful antibacterial effect, not pose a danger to people and animals, and be universal for different types of surfaces. Experts recommend choosing new organic antibacterial agents that contain organic silver. They have the following properties:
- Destroy pathogenic microorganisms, viruses and fungi.
- They do not include chlorine, salts and other harmful substances, while they do not emit toxic fumes into the surrounding space.
- They are odorless and can be used anywhere.
Rating of dishwashing detergents
There are many detergents on the market, among which are the following popular options:
- Many housewives choose Fairy because this product perfectly dissolves fat. It has a pleasant aroma and thick consistency, which makes it effective.
- Good cleaners have gel “Eared nanny”, which is suitable for children’s dishes. It has an excellent antibacterial effect, removing various types of contaminants even in cold water.
- For many, the best dishwashing detergent is Amway, which is a concentrate. There are no phosphates in its composition, and an unsurpassed effect is achieved due to the formation of a large amount of foam and the removal of difficult contaminants.
- Among organic products, ORGANIC PEOPLE can be distinguished, which is made from plant components. Essential oils are used as fragrances. Due to its thick consistency, the gel is economical.
Do-it-yourself dishwashing detergent
Many people prefer not to use household chemicals at all, preferring natural cleaning methods and homemade products. These include sand, wood ash, soda, mustard, vinegar, salt, laundry soap, lemon and citric acid. You can make dishwashing detergent from laundry soap, which will be natural and safe.
- laundry soap – 25 g;
- alcohol – 4 tbsp. spoons;
- tincture of calendula – 1 tbsp. spoon;
- liquid glycerin – 25 ml;
- water – 0.5 l;
- essential oil of orange or lavender – 2-3 drops.
- Grind the soap on a grater and put it in a water bath. Stir while adding water. During this process, foam will form on the surface, which must be removed.
- Remove pot from heat and add all other ingredients, mixing well until smooth. Pour the natural remedy into a container with a dispenser and use. Over time, it will become thicker.