A modern dishwashing detergent helps housewives quickly and efficiently clean kitchen utensils, greatly speeding up the solution of daily problems. You need to be able to choose household chemicals for the home, some products have an aggressive composition, cause allergies, and pose a potential danger to humans.
Types of dishwashing detergents
Housewives spend a lot of time cleaning kitchen utensils, which can be spent on other important family chores. Inventive people have long sought to come up with a good tool that would replace their usual soda, soap, sand and clay. Now a modern person has another problem – to make the right choice in the store, which dishwashing detergent is better. There are several types of household chemicals that you need to be able to separate by class and purpose.
Types of dishwashing detergents:
- liquid preparations;
- dishwashing detergents in the form of tablets;
- preparations for rinsing;
When buying, it is advisable to inspect the packaging, familiarize yourself with the chemical composition of the selected home dishwashing detergent. Transparent containers are preferable, you can see the presence of sediment inside, estimate the approximate density of the solution. Quality products are packaged in convenient bottles with dispensers and grooves on the sides to make it easier to hold with wet hands.
The main qualities of a good detergent:
- effectively removes the most severe pollution;
- does not cause allergies;
- does not cause burns on the skin of the hands;
- has a pleasant aroma;
- does not leave a smell on the dishes;
- foam residues are easily washed off with water;
- forms an acceptable foam.
Convenient to use in the kitchen are liquid dishwashing detergents with a consistency no thicker than water. A tablespoon is enough for the formation of abundant foam, normal cleaning of a couple of pots or a set of dishes for several people. The washing liquid is practical, dissolves perfectly even in cool water, has an affordable price. It is recommended to purchase the most harmless balms for sensitive skin that do not damage the skin and nails, have a neutral PH level.
Popular liquid dishwashing detergent:
- Pur (“Aloe Vera Balm”);
- Fairy (“Gentle Hands”);
- Gala (“For gentle hands with glycerin and aloe vera”);
For dishwashers, specially invented products are in the form of tablets that are easy to handle, have a long shelf life, and provide an excellent cleaning effect. It is advisable to keep them out of the reach of children, if a grain of sand gets into the eyes, the products can cause irritation and other allergic reactions. One tablet is enough to perform a full cycle of the dishwasher in order to wash household dishes made of ceramics, stainless steel or glass with high quality and safety to a shine.
Recommended dishwashing detergent tablets:
- FINISH Quantum Powerball;
- Somat Gold;
- Somat All in 1;
- bio mio;
- FINISH Quantum;
- Kraft Zverg Kristall-fix;
- Frosch Soda is an environmentally friendly dishwashing detergent without harmful chemicals.
Concentrates are called detergents for washing dishes with an enhanced composition, which are diluted with water before use to obtain a transparent liquid preparation with a normal cleaning effect. For example, an economical solution of Sodasan Lemon is used in washing at the rate of 4 ml of the active ingredient per 10 liters of water. For convenience, you can dilute it with water in a 1: 1 ratio, pour it into a suitable container, and use it in the kitchen as a simple liquid remedy.
Examples of dishwashing concentrates:
- Sodasan “Lemon”;
- Frosch Sensitive Vitamin;
- Barbuda Cleanware Orange Fresh;
- Denkmit Spulbalsam “Balm”;
- Gran Di-Cl Tenzi;
- W5 classic.
If you are concerned about the question of the better to wash dishes in the kitchen, then you should pay attention to thick and high-quality gels. This type, despite the thick consistency, dissolves easily, instantly spreading over a large volume of water, quickly starts working on a dirty surface. A bottle of gel lasts longer than a simple liquid detergent, so this dishwashing detergent is very popular with housewives.
Popular dishwashing gels:
- Bio Formula;
- FINISH Gel All in 1;
- DOSIA Gel Active Power.
Powders do a great job of removing limescale from pots, deposits on sinks, faucets or tiles. Abrasive particles help to better remove old and stubborn dirt. There are powders for manual cleaning and for dishwashers. This is an excellent antibacterial dishwashing detergent, but it has a significant drawback – micro grains of sand can get stuck in the smallest cracks and enter the body with food. It is strongly recommended to thoroughly rinse all accessories several times after cleaning.
The best dishwashing detergent
For a quick and correct choice of the best detergent, it is not necessary to buy and personally experience the entire range of cleaning agents. You can study the rating of dishwashing detergents and read the reviews of numerous real buyers who give a correct assessment of each brand. You can easily find a dozen proven foreign or domestic brands that produce safe and effective detergents of good quality at an affordable price.
The best dishwashing detergents:
- Fairy – a popular and high-quality product from a well-known brand, this manufacturer produces a lot of varieties of detergents with pleasant aromas, vitamins, protective extracts for hands.
- Amway Home – expensive, but completely safe, hypoallergenic and environmentally friendly dishwashing detergent.
- Sarma – good powders and gels for cleaning kitchen utensils with an affordable cost.
- Frosch – a German product with an excellent cleansing effect, economical, aloe vera extract is present in the balms.
- Pril – an excellent product without dyes from Henkel, does not irritate the skin, copes with severe pollution.
- AOS – one of the best Russian-made detergents at a budget price.
- “Eared Nanny” – an affordable and high-quality preparation, specially designed for children’s dishes.
Natural dishwashing detergents
Household chemicals are effective, allow you to save time and effort, it is easy to purchase, but it contains many potentially harmful substances. Trying to find a safe dishwashing detergent, many are starting to pick up old folk recipes that require the simplest and most affordable ingredients. The preparations obtained by this method are optimally suited for cleaning children’s dishes, they do not cause unwanted reactions and practically do not pose a serious threat to the body.
Folk remedies for washing dishes:
- mustard powder;
- lemon juice;
If you don’t have a store-bought cleaner on hand, but you urgently need to wash your household dishes, then you can use available baking or soda ash. This substance perfectly deodorizes, removes an unpleasant acidic taste from the surface. This is an eco-friendly dishwashing detergent, but with abrasive properties. It can scratch objects, so use baking soda on delicate objects selectively. Soda ash has a strong alkaline composition, it is used exclusively with gloves.
Vinegar for washing dishes
Since ancient times, glasses, goblets, and other glassware have been wiped with vinegar; this substance perfectly disinfects the surface from viruses and microbes. This homemade dishwashing detergent is used in conjunction with baking soda to create good cleaning reagents according to folk recipes. If you take 50 g of soda, a teaspoon of vinegar and a commercial detergent, mix everything together, you will get an excellent cleaning paste for washing dishes. Vinegar copes with lime deposits in the kettle, rust, it helps to remove glued price tags and labels.
This laundry soap does not contain oil products, fragrances, dyes and other harmful components. This substance can safely wash dishes for a small child or a person prone to allergies. The people use it for washing, cleaning dirty floors, sinks, window sills. In order for soap to better remove grease from dishes, a little soda is added to warm water to soften the composition of the liquid. In this case, even strong plaque, stains and stains can be eliminated.
Means for washing children’s dishes
Manufacturers do not always correctly indicate the composition of cleaning products, often the use of untested cheap solutions or gels provokes severe allergy attacks in children. It is advisable for family people to use safe folk recipes, purchase “Eared Nanny” for washing dishes and other hypoallergenic products. Purchase proven gels and liquids that can safely handle contaminated food, toys, and a variety of kitchen utensils.
Good detergents for washing children’s dishes:
- Gel “Children’s” (TM “Nevskaya Kosmetika”) – without dye and fragrances, normally suitable for processing dishes, and various accessories for a child.
- “Eared Nanny” – eliminates germs, economical, enough for 50 applications, tested by professional dermatologists.
- babyline (“Babyline”) – safe, gel-like consistency, leaves no aroma on the dishes, convenient dispenser, does not dry the skin.
- Ecover (“Ecover”) – the liquid is made on plant extracts, does not contain harmful components.
- Frosch Baby – a German preparation without artificial colors or fragrances, hypoallergenic, approved for the treatment of pacifiers, toys and nipples.
- “Our mother” – universal product, works in cold water, with a slight aroma, perfectly removes the remains of dairy products.
- Gruen Green – German product without phosphates, preservatives and other harmful substances, universal, average consumption up to 4 mm per 5 liters of water.